Dr. Darson’s areas of clinical interest include BPH/enlarged prostate, voiding dysfunction, as well as minimally invasive techniques for male voiding dysfunction. Dr. Darson was the first physician in Arizona to perform the newest technology Rezum for the treatment of BPH in men and he continues to be the most experienced physician in Arizona to perform this innovative treatment option.
Dr. Darson also has academic interests in the field of voiding dysfunction and currently has data submitted for publication. His additional interests include minimally invasive techniques to treat urologic stone disease and urologic oncology (urologic cancer).
Prior to joining Arizona Urology Specialists in 2009, Dr. Darson was in private practice in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is the former Assistant Program Director of the Louisiana State University, Ochsner Urology Program and the former Assistant Professor of Urology at LSU-Ochsner and at Tulane University.
He holds a number of professional appointments including:
- AUA – Health Policy Committee 2013-present
- AUA – Practice Management Committee 2013-present
- AUA – Coding and Reimbursement Committee 2013-present
- AUA – Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Committee 2015-present
- AUA Regulatory Workgroup 2017-present
- Executive Committee Arizona Urologic Society 2014-present
- Past President – Arizona Urologic Society 2014-present
- President – Arizona Urologic Society 2012-2014
- Vice President – Arizona Urologic Society 2011-2012
- President – Phoenix Urologic Society 2014-present
- Secretary – Phoenix Urologic Society 2010-2013
- National Insurance Carrier Advisory Workgroup 2013-present
- Carrier Advisory Committee – Arizona 2013-present
- WSAUA Health Policy Committee, District 8 2013-present
- Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement Quality Improvement Advisory Committee 2016-present